The ALTOSONIC III is a 3-path ultrasonic flowmeter for light crude oils and refined products. It offers decisive advantage over conventional, mechanical flowmeters in custody transfer metering applications. As the flowmeter has no obstructions or moving parts, there is no wear or pressure loss. In this way, operators stand to gain from maintenance-free operation and simplified meter run configuration (smaller pump capacity, no filters required). This results in considerable cost savings in both capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX).
- Cost-effective alternative to mechanical turbine meters or positive displacement meters
- Bi-directional flow measurement over a wide dynamic range
- Excellent long-term stability and reliability
- Easy integration with SUMMIT 8800 or any other approved flow computer
- Full bore design: no moving parts, no wear, no pressure loss
- No periodical maintenance or recalibration needed
- Available as compact version or with remote field-mounted flow converter