The wedge flowmeter is designed for difficult applications where other flow technologies fail or have a very limited-service life. It can cope with high viscosities, abrasive solids-containing fluids or liquids with a tendency to scaling or agglomeration. The materials can pass the wedge restriction where other flow devices lead to material build-up in a kind of "damming" effect. Due to these advantages the wedge flowmeter has been established as a standard device in particularly difficult applications with harsh process conditions such as refineries where solid coke can pass the flowmeter along with the hot feed flow or in oil production and mining where solids are not yet separated from the stream.
- Engineered assembly suitable for harsh flow applications with high viscosities, abrasive fluids and fluids containing solids
- Solid materials or agglomerations can pass the flow restriction
- Bi-directional flow measurement capabilities, no moving parts
- Redundant versions available (1oo2, 2oo3)
- Large choice of wetted materials for meter body and diaphragm seals
- Manufacturing and calibration capabilities up to 48"
- Reduced TCO due to reduced need for recalibration in the field through advanced 3-D linearised OPTIBAR DP transmitters
- Complete flowmeter solution with wedge element, DP transmitter with diaphragm seals, flow computer, accessories, engineering, testing and documentation from a single source
- HART®7, Foundation fieldbus and Profibus-PA communication options
- SIL 2/3 certified versions
- Ex ia, Ex d approvals
- International references with renowned EPCs